Oral Medicine & Radiology
This intuition witness OPD OF about 200-250 patients in a day so they are well trained in the following under the guidance of well qualified teaching faculty.
- Basics of Clinical Management
- Thorough screening of oral cavity not only for the problem which patient has seeks help but also for other diseases which needs utmost attention.
- Students are well trained to
Ø Notice early oral cancer
Ø Develop radiographic elicits
Ø Diagnose and prescribe patients with minimal invasive planning
The practice of oral medicine will provide optimal health to all people through the diagnosis & management of oral diseases. It is also concerned with oral health care of medically compromised patients & with diagnosis & nonsurgical management of medically related disorders or conditions affecting the oral & maxillofacial region .
- Recognition of the interaction of oral & systemic health.
- Integration of medical & oral health care.
- Management of pharmacotherapeutics necessary for treatment of oral & systemic diseases.
- Investigations & treatment of oral diseases through basic science & clinical research.
- Research, teaching & patient care.
- Provision of care for medically complex patients.
- Prevention, definition & management of the following disorders Salivary gland diseases, Orofacial pain & other neurosensory disorders. Oral cancer, tobacco related lesions, Disorders of oral mucus membranes.
- Tobacco deaddiction programme.