AECS Maaruti College of Nursing – Bangalore
GNM / DIPLOMA NURSING
- The school of nursing believes that the basic course in nursing is a formal educational preparation which should be based on sound education principles. The school of nursing recognizes that the program as the foundation on which the practice of nursing is built and on which depends further professional education. It also recognizes its responsibility to the society for the continued development of student as individual nurse and citizens.
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of and skills required in the nursing process in the provision of health care and nursing of patients.
- Apply relevant knowledge from the humanities biological and behavioral sciences in carrying out health care and nursing activities and functions.
- Show sensitivity and skill in human relationship and communication in his or her daily works.
- Demonstrate skill in the problem solving methods in nursing.
- Gain knowledge of health resources in the community and the country.
- Demonstrate skill in leadership.
- Demonstrate awareness of necessity of belonging to professional organizations.
- Practice skills related to promotion of health, precaution against illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation.
Programme Duration: 3 Years & 6 Months covering intensive theory classes, attending towards for observation and supervised practice.
Intake:30 (All Management Seats)
Mode of Admission:Direct
Admissions available for both Boys & Girls.
Hostel facilities are available for Girls only.
- Pass in PUC/PDC (10 + 2) with 35% aggregate marks preferably Science from recognized PU Board.
- Vacant seats can be filled with Arts & Commerce PUC/PDC/10+2 with 40% aggregate marks.
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Admission of students shall be once in an academic year.
- Minimum age 17 years, Maximum age 35 years.
The curriculum is based on Indian Nursing Council syllabus.
|Anatomy & Physiology||90|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||175||612|
|Community Health Nursing – I||80||288|
|Health Education & Communication Skills||20|
|Medical Surgical Nursing I (including Pharmacology)||140|
|Medical Surgical Nursing II (Specialities)||120|
|Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing||70||216|
|Community Health Nursing||72|
|GNM / DIPLOMA NURSING||3 Years & 6 Months|
|Midwifery & Gynecology||120||756|
|Community Health Nursing – II||100||216|
|Clinical Specialty – II||150||960|
|Educational methods & media for teaching in practice of Nursing||45|
|Introduction to Research||40|
|Professional Trends & Adjustment||40|
|Administration & Ward Management||45|
|Medical Surgical Nursing I & II||252|
|Community Health Nursing||168|
|Midwifery & Gynecological Nursing||168|
|Intern’s area of interest||84|